Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
National Heritage Academies
Principal – Brooklyn Excelsior Charter Academy
Brooklyn, NY 11221 United States
Leadership makes the difference
The first step in creating a truly great school is finding a great school leader. Bring your leadership talents to National Heritage Academies (NHA).
Established in 2003, Brooklyn Excelsior makes a difference in the lives of over 722 students in grades K-8. Each of our NHA schools is a special part of the community it serves, and also part of a larger network of 74 schools nationwide with new schools opening yearly.
At NHA, you are supported by a Director of School Quality with decades of experience and a team of on-site instructional leaders. Along with our result-driven curriculum and commitment to educating the whole child—academically, morally, and socially—you and your students will be set up for success.
Join a system of change agents committed to eliminating the achievement gap and to challenging each child to achieve.
• Hire, develop and evaluate school staff
• Establish and maintain relationships with universities and community organizations
• Facilitate parent education and participation in school activities
• Lead instructional, administrative, and counseling activities
• Develop and implement school policies and procedures
• Drive student learning to meet or exceed standards of AYP
Education, training, experience:
• Master’s degree or equivalent
• 3 or more years of school leadership experience
• Proven track record driving student academic success as a principal serving an at-risk student population.
• The principal hired will be a joint employee of both National Heritage Academies and the Brooklyn Excelsior Charter School Board.
Terms & Conditions